Won’t Miss #7: Tehran’s Motion-Sickness Triggering Traffic

Got motion sickness? If the answer is “yes,” then I don’t recommend getting into a car or bus in Tehran without having taken motion sickness medication.

My answer is that yes, I do have motion sickness, and while motion sickness isn't an illness/something to worry incessantly about, I do feel like death if I’m put in a situation which triggers it and I haven’t taken my medication (which, by the way, I swear by):



There’s traffic pretty much everywhere in the world, unless you live in the boonies. But the difference between my hometown’s traffic and Tehran’s traffic is that the traffic in Tehran is essentially “drive a few inches – stop – drive a few more inches – BRAKE – drive a little bit more – STOP RIGHT THERE – drive some more – stop – etc.”:



Might I add that the above picture is a tame representation of how bad traffic can get in this city. I went out and bought a few packs of my medication before I left the States. Here, I don’t leave to go out anywhere without it. I apply some (it’s behind the ear) before leaving, and keep the bottle in my purse, just in case I need it again.

I will not miss Tehran’s motion-sickness inducing traffic.


No comments:

Post a Comment