Will Miss #23: Narenjestan Museum

Narenjestan Museum was my second stop in Shiraz (check out that fantastic garden!):













Some background from http://www.itto.org/tourismattractions/?sight=151:

"Built in 1881, this magnificent building located in a beautiful citrus garden which dates back to the Qajar period... was restored in 1967. This museum contains some of the objects relevant to 3000 years ago..."

Here is one of those objects:



This is a carving of the first Sassanian King. For those literate in Persian, here is the description:



Truth be told, my aunt, distant relative, and I spent most of our time taking photos in traditional Persian dresses (there was a photographer at the museum who took some of the photos, and we were allowed to take our own photos as well):



However, we had to rush the Persian photoshoot session because the museum was closing... in fact, we had to wait outside while the photographer developed our photos! He came by the front door and gave them to us. They turned out pretty good, except my face was green in one of them... I wasn't sick, I promise! Photographer's mistake.


Overall, I will miss this lovely museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment