Won’t Miss #6: Downtown Tehran’s Incredibly Polluted Air

About a week ago, I went to the Grand Bazaar of Tehran, which is in downtown. I had been warned beforehand not to wear my contact lenses downtown because of the severe air pollution, but did I listen? No. I didn’t.

Even though I was wearing sunglasses for the majority of the day, the next time I put in those contacts, everything was blurry. The polluted air particles had destroyed them, and I had to throw them away.

The pollution is so bad that you don’t have to read about it or hear about it. You can literally see it in the sky as you’re going by (but it's not that evident in these photos because of the lighting):




For anyone with breathing problems, I recommend wearing a face mask if you decide to venture downtown. And DO NOT wear your contacts.


I will not miss the extremely polluted air in downtown Tehran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment