Won't Miss #30: Not Being Able to Find a Single Postcard in Shiraz

I visited many places in Shiraz, as you can see from this blog - from Saadi's Mausoleum to Persepolis. I couldn't find a postcard at a single one - not even at the gift shop at Persepolis!

I finally did find postcards featuring Cyrus the Great's grave and Persepolis... at a bookstore in Tehran.

It baffles me that Shiraz, one of Iran's top tourist destinations, is seemingly devoid of postcards, a basic item people might want for souvenirs. Granted, I did not look in every corner in Shiraz for postcards, but that's my point - at tourist destinations, it should be relatively easy to find postcards... actually, backtrack. Those postcards should exist in the first place.

I will not miss the lack of postcards in Shiraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment