Will Miss #30: Shiraz's Vakil Bazaar

Shiraz's Vakil Bazaar (Bazaar-eh-Vakil in Persian) is popping with colors:












I wanted the light blue/red stone pair of these shoes, but I tried them on and they weren't very comfortable - they're not meant for intense walking around; they're meant more for show:










According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vakil_Bazaar, located in the city's historical center, Vakil Bazaar is Shiraz's main bazaar. Additionally, "It is thought that the market originally was established by the Buwayhids in the 11th century AD, and was completed mainly by the Atabaks of Fars, and only was renamed after Karim Khan Zand in the 18th century."

Although my visit was very short and I didn't but anything, I will miss this vivid bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment