Won't Miss #27: Shiraz's Scorching Summertime Heat

I thought Tehran was hot. That was before I set foot in Shiraz (yes, I know I have one post about summertime heat... but I hadn't been to Shiraz when I wrote that... I'm not cheating on my posts, rest assured). Within moments of exiting Shiraz International Airport, my aunt, distant relative, and I could feel the scorching, burn-you-alive heat. In fact, my aunt had the following conversation with the super kind tour guide (of sorts... his main job was to take us to Shiraz's important and fun areas, since he was a local, but he did chime in here and there with facts about some of the places when asked)/taxi driver:

Aunt: "Een Shirazehtoon chegadr garmeh!"
Guide/Driver: Yeh cheezee shabeeheh, "Nah, alahn garm shodeh."
Aunt: "Khalee naband!" (beh soorateh khandeheh mehraboon)

Translation:

Aunt: "Your Shiraz is so hot!"
Guide/Driver:  Something along the lines of, "No, it's just gotten hot now."
Aunt: "Don't lie!" (in a friendly laughing manner)

When we visited Persepolis, the Shiraz sun was frying us. It was the kind of heat that makes you exhausted ( it didn't stop me from taking a billion photos, though...). The weather wasn't bad at all during evenings and nights, but it was insufferable during late mornings and afternoons. And thankfully, the weather wasn't humid. Dry heat is better than humid heat, hands down.

I will not miss Shiraz's sweltering summertime heat.




No comments:

Post a Comment