Won’t Miss #13: Motorcyclists Who Basically Do Whatever they Want… and Get Away With It

Disclaimer: I’m basing this post off of my experiences in Tehran.

Driving in Iran is pure insanity to begin with, but to me, the worst offenders of them all are the motorcyclists.

Oh my dear goodness the motorcyclists. I don’t even know where to begin. They are MANIACS, I tell you. 

For instance, a few weeks ago, a motorcyclist with a PASSENGER swerved between two lanes of fast incoming traffic. I was sitting in my uncle’s car and screamed when I saw that – I was that freaked out.
They basically just drive around as they please. Traffic headed north? They’ll head south without a care in the world. People walking on the sidewalk? They’ll drive on that sidewalk (this scares the living daylights out of me, especially when it happens at night… no pun intended).  Are they headed out of a street, alleyway, or parking area? They’ll come out in full force, paying zero attention to their surroundings (cars are guilty of this too). Helmets? Not all motorcyclists wear one. 


And a bizarre aspect of all of this (from my understanding) is that under the law, a car driver who gets into an accident with a motorcyclist will always recieve the blame, even if the motorcyclist was doing something completely wrong.


I will not miss the insane shenanigans of the motorcyclists here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment