Won't Miss #31: Iranian Bathrooms

A picture is worth a thousand words, so...


Japan has these types of bathrooms too, although what I noticed there was that in the overwhelming majority of public places, there were only Western style bathrooms, or both. In Iran, the older houses only have these types of bathrooms, although you can get a Western style one installed.

In Iran, I have never seen Western style bathrooms in public spaces. Ever. Unless I count the one in my hotel room in Shiraz, but that's not technically a public space. Obviously, if you aren't used to this style of bathroom, having to do your business in Iran takes a lot of getting used to. Especially when you're in a public bathroom - but more on that in another post. 

I will not miss Iranian bathrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment