Won't Miss #28: Cyrus the Great's (Under-preserved) Palaces

After visiting Cyrus the Great's final resting spot, I had the opportunity to see his palaces - or rather, what remains of his palaces:




I wish I could see what these palaces looked like in their prime. Think of how beautiful they must have been! Granted, I understand that there is only so much human beings can do to preserve historical architecture. There's war, mother nature, and thieves. However, I wish there had been a way to keep these palaces intact as they originally were. 

There is, however, something to be said about what remains of them - there's beauty in them too. 

But, all in all, I will not miss Cyrus the Great's under-preserved palaces - I would love to have been able to see their original beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment