Won’t Miss #20: Iranian Ketchup

Iranian ketchup tastes different than ketchup in the States:



It still tastes like ketchup (it's certainly edible!), but not as good as American ketchup. It tastes... a bit bland? I think that's the word for it.  My best guess for why is perhaps lower salt levels and different recipes:



Wait! I might have found the culprit! No high fructose corn syrup, it seems... which would actually make Iranian ketchup healthier. Interesting. 


Nevertheless, I will not miss the different taste Iranian ketchup. 

3 comments:

  1. I like their ketchup much better than ours in America. I've been thinking of ordering some which is how I found your post. I could immediately tell it lacked sugar and that made it wonderful tasting to me. I, also, like the way its lightly seasoned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think American ketchup is sweet, you should try the ketchup where I live, in Costa Rica: it's much sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think American ketchup is sweet, you should try the ketchup where I live, in Costa Rica: it's much sweeter!

    ReplyDelete